Saturday, December 20, 2008

Family Portraits in the Park










So these are some family portraits I did for my good friend (and roommate)Helena and her two little girls along with another family who is Helena's best friends. We were at the park for about an hour and a half. It was nice weather for near the end of November here in Kelowna but a little cold. I used the normal setup I've been using for my portraits. My Nikon D80 with a combo of Nikon 18-70 and my Nikon 70-300mm VR with a SB-600 with shoot through umbrella on a light stand.

Had bit of a problem with the SB-600 not being powerful enough to fill when shooting in direct sunlight. I wanted to shoot 1-stop below the ambient light and fill with flash but that didn't work out. I am wondering if the SB-800 would make much different? Maybe two Flashes?


Family Portraits in the Park from Joel Todd on Vimeo.

The music for this slideshow was found here. "Continue Life" by Kevin MacLeod

No comments: