Monday, November 10, 2008

Kalamalka Prov Park



This first one here is a shot taken on Rattle Snake Point (Turtles Head Point). I've always liked this tree and thought it would be interesting with the some hard contrast and fill light. I was thinking it might be better with that effect only on the tree. The composition isn't exactly where it should be but I like it.



This next one is one of my best buddies Dave. We were having a break on our hike. The photo wasn't anything to be excited about so I thought I would try this Gritty Effect I found on Scott Kelby's Blog. Basically I have a Lightroom preset to desaturate, bump up the blacks and take many of the other settings to there max. Then over in Photoshop you create a Blurred layer and paint it on the skin to give it a "softer" look. Kinda cool I think.




This is a basic shot that turned out pretty good (not as good on the web) looking down the peninsula of Kal Park towards Winfield.

An artsy take on a fence post along the walk way near Rattlesnake point


This is a view towards cousins bay. Again the web doesn't do it justice. Need to work on that.


This actually isn't taken at Kal Park but is the road to Kal Park. I liked the green/yellow colors and the diagonal lines.


And lastly I liked the reflection of the clouds on the lake and the color of the lake along the shore.

Kalamalka Lake actually means "Lake of many colors" in the local native language and on some days it can rival the ocean for color.

1 comment:

Dee Organ said...

love the funky tree. I'm crazy about trees. The one of Dave looks like a HDR...cool, and the one after is amazing. would look fab printed large and hung on your/my wall :)