Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some inspiration for me

So a few days back I was reading the slew of photography related blog feeds and came across one that truly inspired me in a way I haven't felt for awhile. The feed came from "The Travel Photographer". The post brought me to "Phil Borges" website. While the entire site seems very authentic and probably inspiring the part that got me was the Tibetan Portraits. The portraits are great and seem really capture the person; I also found the small description of each person and Phil's "experience" he had with each. Now the descriptions aren't overly long but I got a real sense that he truly was fully present with each of these people. It just screamed authentic to me in a time when that doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I would love to just be in Phil's presence. I think I could learn a lot. Photography and life. I hope each of the you get these moments from time to time; it makes life that much better.

While I hope you go and visit Phil's site I wish you find some of your own inspiration.

1 comment:

Dee Organ said...

Great find. Love the portraits, nice feeling to them and I love how it's they're processed all alike too. Putting them in their environment with the nice scenic backdrops works so well. Inspirational indeed