Saturday, October 11, 2008









So here are a few of shots I got this year at the Abbotsford Airshow 2008. I shot this using my Nikon D80 with my new (at the time) Nikkor 70-300mm VR lens. I really like this lens but I don't think it was the best match for high speed aircraft photography. The event was great as I've been wanting to get down to the show for about 4 years now. We (my girlfriend and her kids and I) camped just outside the airport grounds which was good other then a small flooding problem we had. Also met up with an old friend who was camped beside us. It was interesting as I was shooting next to some guys with uber gear that made mine look like a toy. One guy had a D3 and a 500mm VR lens on a Wimberly rig. Was pretty unreal to see. The D3 sounded like a machine gun when it was shooting at full speed. Was damn cool.

No comments: